White River

I go from Florida to the White River in two weeks, man I'm having a fabulous winter. This has been one of the best fishing winters in a long time, I've caught a very large number of wipers, lots of trout at Taneycomo, red fish and sea trout in Florida and now trout on one of the best trout rivers anywhere. The forecast was rain, rain and more rain so packing for this trip was lots of rain gear and changes of cloths, lots of rods and lots of flies. Truth be told I was wanting rain and high water so I could streamer fish the entire trip. Our trip started on Thursday with rain so I streamer fished like it was going out of style! I love big rods, fast water and large trout. I never got the really big brown hooked on this trip but saw several on Thursday over 26".  We got the streamer fish to eat, and man it felt good.


                                             
 Friday and Saturday had no rain at all and bright sun both days. Corp. had a little water running the am and off by later in the day. I had to put away the 7 and 8 wt's and got out the 4 and 5's and 6x with scuds & midges. We stayed at Nelands Resort and used their boats, we would boat to the islands and shoals and wade the area before moving to the next. I got a 20" brown each day if the trip and lots of rainbows. Scuds, midges and a mix of other small stuff worked but the scuds produced the most fish.
 

 





 What a great trip, got to fish with a a good group of guys and great friends. Can't wait until next year this is a trip I always look forward to.
Here's a couple of the guys